Saturday, August 15, 2009

Compiz Error After Setting Desktop Effect To None

May be this is one of many reasons why people still thinking that Linux is wearying OS. For example, when you are playing with the system settings or your desktop preferences, your system suddenly stop working and you don’t know what the hell is going on. Then you are shocked and thinking hard what you have to do to make your system works again.

But it doesn’t matter if you have a big curiosity in Linux. Just open firefox or the other browsers and start to search the solutions of your problems like what I will explain in this post.

It was an accident when I click None option in desktop effect setting. I thought it’s not a problem coz I could reset the setting back to Extra option. So I reset the option. But I was wrong, suddenly I got the message telling me that compiz-daemon couldn’t be started. Oh sh*t…what’s the going on?

After searching for the solutions by using many keywords, I got a nice script to detect compiz problems. The script name was compiz-check. This script doesn’t only detect compiz problems but it can also repair the problems. So if you get this problem just download compiz-check and run in your terminal.

Before you run compiz-check, change the permission to make it executable:
$ chmod 744 compiz-check
$ ./compiz-check



Don't forget to leave a comment so I know that this post is useful to you.

No comments: